The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) released the list of top 20 labor-only contracting companies in the Philippines in a press conference on Monday.
According to the list, Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) has the most contractual employees, with 14,960 workers.
Also included in the top 10 behind JFC is fruit-canning company Dole Philippines, Inc. (10,521 workers), followed by:
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (8,310);
- Philsaga Mining Corporation (6,524);
- General Tuna Corporation (5,216);
- Sumi Philippines Wiring Systems Corporation (4,305);
- Franklin Baker Inc. (3,400);
- Pilipinas Kyohritsu, Inc. (3,161);
- Furukawa Automotive Systems Phil., Inc (2,863)
- Magnolia Inc. (2,284)
- KCC Property Holdings, Inc. (1,802)
- Sumifru Philippines, Corp. (1,687)
- Hinatuan Mining Corporation (1,673)
- KCC Mall de Zamboanga (1,598)
- Brother Industries (Philippines) Inc. (1,582)
- Philippine Airlines & PAL Express (1,483)
- Nidec Precision Philippines Corporation (1,400)
- Peter Paul Phil. Corporation (1,362)
- Dolefill Upper Valley Operations (1,183)
- DOLE-Stanfilco (1,131)
In its Labor Advisory No. 10 Series of 2016, DOLE defined labor-only contracting as “an arrangement where the contractor or subcontractor merely recruits, supplies, or places workers to perform a job, work, or service for a principal.”
DOLE Secretary Silvestre said in the Radyo Inquirer report that since June 2016, 99,526 out of more than 900,000 companies have been inspected by the department.
Out of the 99,526 inspected companies, 3,377 are allegedly hire their workers through a labor-only contracting scheme.
Bello noted that mall giant SM Malls is not included in the list, as it submitted itself to a voluntary regularization program, where at least 10,000 employees would be regularized this year.
The secretary added that as of May 11, 2018, 176,286 workers have been regularized by their companies.
Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/994953/fast-food-chain-tops-dole-list-of-labor-only-contracting-companies#ixzz5HVm8aehf
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook